Game Mechanic – Reaction Pool
Reaction Pool is the measure of how fast a character can react to a given situation and how fast he can get out of the way of an incoming attack. This is a done by adding ability the characters Coordination, Intellect and Will. This will give you the Reaction Time for the character.
Each character will have a pool of reaction points that can be used to modify Reaction Time or for defense. Once a point is assigned to a pool it cannot be used for anything else. If the character does not use all the points in the pool those points are lost at the end of the round.
- Coordination – To react to something happening.
- Intellect – How long it takes the mind to get around to realizing that something is happening
- Will – To override the body’s natural reaction to what is happening.
Reaction pool is spent on 2 things, Initiative and defense.
- Initiative – Points are spent to go faster in the round.
- Defense – Points are spent to buy down damage in combat.